The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI), founded in 1993, is the trade association representing the segmental concrete pavement industry in the United States and Canada. ICPI is considered by peer associations around the world as the leader in development and dissemination of technical information for design professionals and contractors. ICPI engages in a broad range of technical, marketing, educational, government relations and communications activities.
As ICPI enters its 25th year, the Institute and its members lead the segmental concrete paver industry in the U.S. and Canada:
- Members operate more than 60% of concrete paver producing machines in the U.S. and Canada.
- ICPI is the industry’s recognized authority on concrete paver installation/maintenance best practices and technical resources.
- The Institute has educated 32,000 industry professionals about concrete pavers, more than any other organization in the U.S. and Canada.
- 2,500 professionals currently hold ICPI Certifications and Designations, the industry’s top credentials for concrete paver installers.
- The Institute owns and produces Hardscape North America, the largest trade show for hardscape contractors and dealers in the U.S. and Canada.
Membership consists of more than 1,100 interlocking paver manufacturers, design professionals, paver installation contractors, suppliers of products and services related to the industry, and educators. ICPI offers a variety of services to its members through its vast library of technical publications, online design idea galleries, publications, paver installer certification programs and the industry's only dedicated magazine, Interlock Design Magazine.
ICPI is the authority for segmental concrete pavement systems, which are universally recognized as the best value for pavement.
To deliver education and technical guidance leading to awareness, acceptance and use of segmental concrete pavement systems in the United States and Canada.
2019-2022 Strategic Plan Goals
#1 Industry Growth
Increase understanding, awareness and adoption of segmental concrete pavement as the preferred pavement system.
- Increase understanding among organizations that design, teach and use pavement systems
- Establish credibility to demonstrate performance and value of ownership
- Gain adoption within transporation agencies and municipalities
#2 Industry Expertise
Deliver education and industry best practices as the recognized authority on segmental concrete pavement systems.
- Increase confidence and/or use by promoting lower maintenance and life cycle costs
- Increase awareness of ICPI and its resources among educational institutions
- Promote the value of industry certification
#3 ICPI Strength
Grow ICPI membership through increased awareness of benefits, participation in programs and perceived membership value.
- Develop membership recruitment & retention programs
- Enhance the communication of value provided by ICPI
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of ICPI programs to maximize member engagement and perceived value
- Increase non-dues revenue sources
#4 Workforce Development
Empower the industry to attract, train and retain a highly qualified workforce to meet market demand.
- Create program and resources to attract new recruits into the industry
- Enhance and continue to develop education tracks for all users
- Develop strategic alliances with national organizations
- Promote industry career paths
- Regional Collaboration: Create regional events that provide relevant and accessible programs to members.
- Installation Efficiency: Develop a program that enables producers and contractors to work more efficiently.
- Membership Value: Support Producer members through personalized member service.
- Educational Institution Outreach Program: Promote segmental concrete pavement systems to the next generation.
- Increased awareness of ICPI, its education programs and technical resources
- Greater recognition that segmental concrete pavement systems are a sustainable and highly credible pavement
- Greater adoption of segmental concrete pavement systems among municipalities and the design community
- An effective and financially viable ICPI
Quality, Excellence, Technical Leadership, Integrity, Sustainability